Sunday, March 17, 2013

Baby Beasley's Little Nook


One day the girls and I took some time to just glance around Home Goods and what did I find?! A mobile for our sweet Baby #3 :).  Little bees buzzin around their honey hive sparked the thought of Winnie the Pooh disguised as a rain cloud trying to convince the bees that he wouldn't be a threat to their beloved hunny. 


So, a little simple sketching and branch hunting at the park later, we have a Vintage Hundred Acre Wood themed nook for our Baby Beasley :). *My text could be improved, but hey :) I LOVE the lyrics. 
I'm thinking of making some leaves with a gold, copper, and some other color depending on baby's gender once found out, and/or a mix with some burlap-like material. I'm really digging color and texture ;) 
Perhaps I will add some silhouettes of birds and such as well. We'll see. But either way, it's pretty fun whippin' out the hand-me-down drill and other fun tools from my dear Dad to affix the branch and mobile safely. Boy, do I love projects! 

4 comments:

Mrs. Cheerio said...

It's perfect, Heather. You did a great job putting it together!

Oh, Baby P- COME OUT SOON. The wait is killing me.

Jennifer said...

Heather, have you ever thought about Etsy? That little picture of Pooh is totally marketable, and I KNOW there's more where that came from. :) Bet Emma is loving her little spot.

Anonymous said...

Love this! He is such a sweet character and you did a beautiful job carving a sweet space for the baby:)

Honey Beasley said...

Thank you all :) I found some perfect paper to make some leaves for this nook. I can't wait to tackle it with all of my free time ;) LOL. Oh mommas - good job! I love knowing each of you :D